Philippe Cornez has become a Navy expert after a distinguished 40-year career in the Belgian Navy. In 1973 Mr Cornez started his military career and became a Navy Officer in 1980. He served on several mine-warfare vessels and frigates. Between several tours on various ships, including a few command positions, he was appointed to different staff positions, assuming command of the Naval Base of Zeebrugge, holding the position of Principal Assistant of the Chief of Staff of the Belgian Navy and Director of Public Relations of the Navy. His staff experience includes the Navy Operational Command, the Planning Section of the Weapons Systems of the Belgian Naval Staff and the Belgian-Netherlands operational school. He attended the Royal Defence Institute. After being appointed Director at EGUERMIN and Director of the NATO Naval Mine Warfare Centre of Excellence he retired in 2012. Since then he has provided consultancy services to various major maritime and Defence companies.
He speaks English, French and Dutch fluently. He offers the following expertise:
In Security and Defence areas:
• Advice & Evaluations • Design & Concept Studies
• Project Management • Audit and expertise
• Organize and chair conferences on security and Defence topics
In communication and public relations advice and expertise on:
• Welcoming and guidance of VIPs and maintaining protocol rules.
• Supervision and organization of events, including sponsorship and networking.
• All domains in the context of the relationship with the media.
• Education and training
• Copywriting and translation.